October 6, 2010

Tay Tay.

I feel like the people who get my textbooks after I use them are very lucky. I mean, besides all the great notes I take and everything, there's doodles, song lyrics, and my name in fancy lettering on almost every page. Highly entertaining.

The anatomy of a Taylor Swift song. (Developed by Abby, V, and me.)
Right now, I will examine Love Story, You Belong With Me, Mine, and TS's latest, Speak Now.

First comes the general love story.
We were both young when I first saw you...etc etc.
I know you better than anyone else! I am desperately in love with you!
College, growing up, young love, blah blah.
Sneaking into the wedding of a boy she loves.

CONFLICT.
My dad says no! Nobody wants us to be together!
You have a nasty girlfriend (who is completely opposite of me) who you can't get over for some reason. Also, she doesn't make you happy, boy.
I don't believe that love can last because my parents had a not-so-great relationship--"Flight risk with a fear of falling."
You're about to marry a nasty girl with a snobby family!

Height of conflict= bridge.
I got tired of waiting
Wondering if you were ever coming around
My faith in you was fading
When I met you on the outskirts of town
And I said
Romeo save me, I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you but you never come
Is this in my head, I don't know what to think...

Oh I remember you drivin' to my house in the middle of the night
I'm the one who makes you laugh
When you know you're about to cry
And i know your favorite songs
And you tell me about your dreams
Think I know where you belong
Think I know it's with me...

And I remember that fight, 2:30AM
You said everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out crying and you follow me out into the street
Braced myself for the goodbye, cause that's all I've ever known
And you took me by surprise...

I hear the preacher say speak now or forever hold your peace
There’s the silence, there’s my last chance
I stand up with shaking hands, all eyes on me
Horrified looks from everyone in the room
But I’m only looking at you...

The boy says...! (This is a variation of the chorus from the boy's perspective.)
Marry me, Juilet! You'll never have to be alone!
...Idk but he obviously dumps his stupid girlfriend.
I'll never leave you alone! I remember how we felt sittin' by the water...
Let's run away now...I didn't say my vows!

...Do you see what I mean?

You know, I love Taylor Swift as much as the next person. Probably a little bit more than the next person, actually. And I love these songs and the stories are so cute, and they make people believe in love...and that's the point, I think. I'm just sayin'...there's a pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment