November 4, 2009

Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration

I decided that I write too much. What am I going to do about it? Nothing.

I was going to take a nap in the library during this free hour I had...but I got distracted. I'll take one when I get home today. It will be glorious.

I would just love a cupcake from Sweet Mandy B's right now. As if I don't eat enough sweets...I think sweets actually compose most of my diet at the moment, unfortunately.

I've had my headphones in this whole time, and I'm not listening to anything. It's annoying...

-----

One of my friends texted me tonight and told me she's moving out tomorrow.

Dropping out of school.

Going back home.

No big deal.

"Everything is fantastic."

I talked to Megan about it and she told me that a bunch of opportunities opened up for this girl away from BYU and so she is going for it. I say good for her. I'm really glad that everything is working out, and that this will be better for her.

And now I'm thinking...I wish I had that kind of courage. To just up and leave in the middle of the semester. To just pack up my stuff and try something else. The courage to even think about why I'm really here, actually consider what I'm doing with my life, and maybe question it? Cause right now I kindof feel like I'm just wingin' it.

Watching three movies a day. Skating by. Indexing like a crazy person. Going to church. Going to class. Eating way too much. Spending MY OWN hard earned money. And worrying. And complaining. Hmm...something's gotta give, right? Right...

Today I watched the movie Swing Vote. It was really pretty good. Light-hearted.

Tonight I watched Slumdog Millionare with some of my friends. It was good, thought-provoking, eye-opening, heart-wrenching, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

I took that nap that I wanted to. It was about 20 minutes long, and not as glorious as I thought it would be. I still have a headache. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Thinkin' about DG.

"We write to taste life twice; once in the moment, and once in retrospection." --Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment