February 28, 2012

Concrete Jungle

Lately I have been really really itching to visit New York City. As much as I would love to live in Farmville for the rest of my life (see: Utah Valley, Richland) I have to admit that I am almost certain I am a city girl! (Or at least a 30-minutes-away-from-the-city girl.)

I used to think that New York was overrated and Chicago was the crowning glory of all cities (true) and that I didn't care about visiting New York because I would rather visit Chicago.

HOWEVER.

I went to New York City with my choir when I was a senior in high school and even though I'm pretty sure I was cranky half the time, I think that I have love for Manhattan still lingering in my heart. And I saw In The Heights on Broadway and I just want to see like 5 million more shows.

Second of all, if you have ever seen the show Best Thing I Ever Ate, you know that probably half of the foods they feature are from restaurants in New York City. And let's be honest, I am a FOOD GIRL and I want to try them all.

I love Provo and everything and I hope that I don't offend anyone by saying this but I am just really over white people. Like, where's the diversity at? Please?

I just want to walk down really really crowded noisy streets and eat really good food and romp around all the different boroughs. And I think a lot of it probably has to do, once again, with my Latino Lit class and the poetry we have been reading because it's all about Spanish Harlem.

But instead I think I will go to Madrid. At the end of April. And live there. Until June. AHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment