October 24, 2011

I hope you like Dickens, chickens.

I honestly don't know when/why I turned into a terrible blogger.

Maybe it's because I go to school, go to work, do schoolwork, do homework, do housework, and have loads of fun when I'm not doing any of those other things.

Maybe it's because a lot of the things that have been happening to me are journal things and not really blog things.

Maybe I am no longer funny. (This isn't a real possibility.)

Maybe my blog is no longer my emotional outlet. Maybe instead of getting really sad and blogging about it, I get really sad and burst into tears and blubber about it to my roommates or my mom or really anyone who happens to be in the room.

Anyways, whatever it is, I like my blog still and I am going to keep blogging. Even if it is sporadic.

It's the best of times. It's the worst of times.
I have had a lot of fun in the past few months. I love my roommates, I have friends who aren't my roommates (shocker), my ward is a blast, King Henry is full of wonderful people, I've been on six field trips, I've been to Arches National Park, Salt Lake City, Park City, Cornbelly's, Salem, Spanish Fork, the middle of nowhere, almost Wyoming, Temple Square, and A DATE (you never thought you'd see the day), I love my calling as a Sunday School instructor, I've discovered a love for Sammy's that will never be satisfied no matter how many banana cream pie shakes I eat, and I made pumpkin muffins on Saturday. HOWEVER. I don't have time to run anymore. You may be like half the people I talk to and you may say "You have to make time!" Okay, chap. When you figure out how to MAKE time, you let me know. Because I would love a few extra hours in the day to just run my little heart out. And do not suggest waking up at 5AM, yeah? Just don't. I never see my cousins anymore, and they live like ten minutes away. Showering has become a struggle. It takes too long and I have to get up early to do it. And then my hair is wet. Oh, and laundry. I don't do it. I can't do it. Waaaaaaaahhh wah. Basically, I don't know how to prioritize and I have far too many things to do.

It is the age of wisdom. It is the age of foolishness.
I am learning A LOT in school and I could tell you a million things about the American Revolution but my brain is occupied with so many things that the simplest tasks like...acting like a normal human do not come easily.

I have everything before me. I have nothing before me.
This is how I feel almost 100% of the time. There are so many decisions I am trying to make right now. And I thought I would have a really long time to make them. But suddenly the classes I take next semester depend on what I am going to be doing next fall, as a career, after graduation, et cetera. And I typically don't plan that far in advance. Actually, I don't really plan at all. So this is a little new for me, especially with decisions of this caliber. Mission, internships, graduate school, applying for jobs, graduating in a timely manner, potential weddings (not mine), buying a dog...you know, like, what the hell am I going to do? On the other hand, I have no money, no food, and no clothes. You are probably also going through a similar crisis. Know how I know? Because this is what everyone likes to call "real life" or "the real world." And you are in it, and I am in it. And it is wonderful and terrible. And this is how you get through it:
1. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
2. Mom and Dad.
3. Roommates and best friends.
4. Beyonce.
5. Ice cream. Preferably Tillamook.

No comments:

Post a Comment