May 1, 2011

THE ROYAL WEDDING!!!!! (jk)

Blogging after you haven't blogged in weeks is so awkward. For me it is, anyway. I feel like I should have blogged five times by now, and there really isn't any way to cover everything that has happened during the past however long it's been. So, posterity, I am truly sorry. I will do my best to record the things of my heart.

I left my Russia. Sad day, happy day, all is well. As soon as I got to LAX I was smiling like a goon. Three or four airport workers went out of their way to help me with my bags, finding where to go next, et cetera. And two workers even made comments about my BYU shirt. In fact, this woman security guard who towered over me glared down at my shirt when I walked through the detector and asked, "You play basketball for Brigham Young?" and I said, "Uhhhhhaha...no...I go to school there though." She said, "Alright." What I didn't say was "Maybe you didn't notice that I am Hobbit-sized?"

Spent a week at home. Ohhhh how I love my home. My family is just the greatest. Everyone liked their souvenirs (huge relief), especially Carter who basically wore his hat everywhere. I got to watch my little sister's soccer game, two and a half of McKay's lacrosse games, and Quinn's lacrosse practice. Have you ever watched an 8 year old play lacrosse? Holy cute. I had a lot of fun while I was home. In fact, I was kind of thinking: WHY DON'T I JUST STAY HERE FOR SUMMER THAT'S SUCH A GOOD IDEA! and then I remembered last summer when I had literally NO social life outside of my family. Yeesh.








Drove back to Provo with my grandma who is going on a mission to Atlanta for the next 18 months. She went into the MTC last Monday to begin her work as a full-time missionary. What a woman! I have learned so much from her and I am so glad that she has the opportunity to serve a mission like she has always wanted to.


EASTER=I love my life, I love the gospel, I love Jesus Christ, I love the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I love the Hansens&Stroshines, I love the Sandersons, I love the Paces, I love Cadbury eggs.

Moved in to my new apartment, worst day ever, sometimes I really hate you, Liberty Square, I can do hard things. By myself.

I started to look for a job on Tuesday. I applied probably 10 places total, and through a series of weird/miraculous events, I was offered a job on Thursday. If you don't know my job search history, let me tell you, it's not pretty. I've been turned down by McDonald's twice. After interviews. Pretty embarrassing. But Heavenly Father is always looking out for me, and I know that anything good that happens to me is 100% because of Him. So thanks be to God for my new job at Zupas in Orem!

Started new classes on Wednesday. They are good. Missionary Preparation with Brother Bott (Now I know why everyone jumped on that bandwagon. He is awesome and I love him.), and Humanities 262 with Professor Sederholm. I am reeeeally excited for my classes. I love school.

Started running in Provo. What a mess. It's at least 100x harder to run here than it is in Moscow. Elevation and terrible air and whatnot. YUCK. But, I ran all but 1.5 of my miles last week. Yay, me. That's 18.5 miles.

Ate a waffle from Bruges Waffles and Frites in Salt Lake while I was there for a job interview. Oh me, oh my. Yummiest thing ever. So good. If you live anywhere in Utah Valley or SL Valley or even in Rexburg...you need to go. I want to go with my friends sometime and get some frites!

Finally saw the Justin Bieber movie...loved him before. Love him now. Seriously, what a cutie. Also, I would marry Scooter Braun if I had the opportunity. This was maybe my favorite part.

Saw True Grit. Good! And hilarious. I really liked it. And it made me so excited to read the book in my Western Lit class with Abby this fall! And ride horses at my professor's ranch!

Made new friends. SMILE FACE.

Watched the Cougar Lacrosse team beat the UofU 18 to 5...BLAM. I'd like to marry that team.

Went to my new ward and there are like 20-30 people. I love! It is so fun to be able to learn everyone's names and all be friends and blah blah blah. Oh, and I recognized this girl Mallory from when I was reeeeallly little and both of our fathers confirmed that they are, in fact, good friends and we have, in fact, met before. Such a small world! She lives across the hall from me!

My parents celebrated their 20th anniversary today. I am so thankful for them and how much they love each other! I hope that I can be like them someday because they really are amazing parents and amazing individuals.

Now I am listening to A Walk to Remember because Jodes is watching it in the front room. Cute movie, but I hate the fact that I know that she dies in the end...And I love this song. I like the original better, but...whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment