May 22, 2011

Post-Sunday stress disorder

I have a problem about any day after Sunday. Where I go to Church on Sunday and I feel great and I clean my room and I'm on track and all is right in the world and then...life hits me like a ton of bricks. And some nights I fall asleep during my prayers (yes, I am five years old) or I don't read my scriptures or I say something snarky and my room gets messy. GOTTA WORK ON THAT, Y'ALL. Maybe all these quotes will help...? Question mark?




A man had a sign hanging on his wall that said "I am third." His friend asked him what it meant and he replied, "The Lord is first, others are second, and I am third."

He who notes the fall of a sparrow surely hears the pleadings of our hearts. -President Monson

As we seek earnestly to know ourselves, to make honest assessments of what we are and where we are, the Lord will reveal, in answer to our prayers, where our repentance should be focused...As we honestly listen during our prayers, we will each know what we need to do. -Elder Andersen

If we live so our minds are free from worry and our conscience is clear and our feelings are right toward one another, the operation of the Spirit is as real as when we pick up the telephone; but when they come, we must be brave enough to take the suggested actions. -President Ezra Taft Benson

What could you do better for your children than to record the story of your life?...Some of what you write may be humdrum dates and places, but there will also be rich passages that will be quoted by your posterity...Begin today and write in it your goings and your comings, yourdeeper thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies...Those who keep a personal journal are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives. -President Spencer W. Kimball

“We should learn to be patient with ourselves. Recognizing our strengths and our weaknesses, we should strive to use good judgment in all of our choices and decisions, make good use of every opportunity, and do our best in every task we undertake. We should not be unduly discouraged nor in despair at any time when we are doing the best we can. Rather, we should be satisfied with our progress even though it may come slowly at times.” -Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

Humility. Prayer. Prayer. Prayer. Journal. Patience. Prayer. Did I mention prayer?
DO DO DO DO DO BE BE BE BE BE BE DO BE DO BE DO DO DO BE BE DO BE DO BE DO.

1 comment:

  1. My new therapy is reading your blog. E'reday. You've diagnosed me perfectly.

    ReplyDelete