March 2, 2011

PHYSICAL FITNESS TIP!

You are probably thinking "Why in the world is Caitlin giving me a physical fitness tip?? OF ALL PEOPLE????"

On Monday I ran outside for the first time since I've been in Russia. Some of the snow melted and the weather has been really nice (20ish degrees and sunny never felt so amazing) so I took the opportunity to not run on the treadmill in the muggy basement of the Anglo-American School for once. And it was so awesome. Easier than the treadmill in some ways, harder in other ways, but just so much better overall.

Okay so I was feeling really great after that, but on Tuesday I wanted to do something indoors to keep my momentum up and make me feel like I was still being productive even though it wasn't a running day. So I made a bomb.com playlist on grooveshark, put my hair on top of my head, put on my pink shorts and danced in my room. Keep in mind this was very strategic dancing that included squats, jumping jacks, sun salutation, and kickboxing. (Basically I've been craving a Les Mills class so I attempted to put together what I remember from BodyJam and BodyFlow this past summer.) AAAAAAnyways. I digress. I'm getting to the point.

I wanted to do an abs track like in BodyFlow. McKay loves Bassnectar and I had never heard them before so I went on iTunes, found their most popular song (Bass Head), and put it on my playlist. And miracle of miracles it was the best abs track ever. I don't even have to tell you what exercises to do because you can hear it in the beats. Seriously...do pilates to this song. You will thank me.

And here's my playlist if you feel like dancing.
E.T. ft. Kanye West- Kitty Purry
The Show Goes On- Lupe Fiasco
Yeah 3x- Chris Brown
Stereo Love- Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina
Buzzin' (Remix) ft. 50 Cent- Mann
Best Love Song ft. Chris Brown- T-Pain
Who's That Chick? ft. Rihanna- David Guetta
Boyfriend- Big Time Rush
Power- Kanye West
Dancing Crazy- Miranda Cosgrove
Bass Head- Bassnectar
On The Floor ft. Pitbull- Jennifer Lopez

When I was at Ryder's school this morning two things made me laugh.
1) Boys in his class were arguing about professional soccer. "You said Manchester was the best!" "No, I said I like them but I also like Barcelona!!"
2) Signs on the lockers of kids on the basketball teams that said, "Good luck in Kiev!" and "Good luck in Budapest!" DREAM LIFE.
Only at an International School.

No comments:

Post a Comment