March 5, 2011

Maslenitsa

Sometimes I look around and I truly believe that I live in Candyland.



The bear helps us welcome Spring.
Don't worry, the accordion guy is looking RIGHT AT THE CAMERA.
Folk with so much passion.
"Think of...a very nice dream. Throw..this rope...and your dreams will...all be...come...fulfilled."
Sassssssssy.
девушка-girls. One of THE ONLY Russian words I know. It was some contest where the girls were saying "Hehehe!" and the boys had to say "Hohoho!" There were like...three boys playing so. The girls won.
Spring came. Really. She did. Can't you tell?
Basically all I know about Maslenitsa is that tomorrow is the Sunday of forgiveness and according to the narrator at this block party "Everybody...apologizes to everybody...and you kiss...each other." And that's what I intend to do. I don't know if this is rude but Russians speaking English has got to be one of my favorite things. Next to Russians speaking Russian.

These things are really only fun if you have kids with you and they like to dance and be crazy. Otherwise...you're just the creep with a camera. Taking pictures of other people's kids. For the sake of CULTURE.

No comments:

Post a Comment