September 5, 2013

you know new york, you need new york, you know you need unique new york.

I have lived in New York for three whole months now and I have blogged about it twice.

That is TRULY shameful.

I have drafted probably four or five blog posts but I don't want to whine about living in New York because that's stupid, and I also don't want to be overly hunky-dory about living here because...that's annoying and also stupid.

The truth is, living in New York is both terrible and amazing.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's probably the best AND worst place I will ever live. So the dichotomy makes writing about it hard...but right now I can smell the remnants of a donut I just ate from my favorite donut establishment, Dough, and if I walk five feet from my desk I have the bombest view of the Manhattan skyline.

So for today, donuts outweigh all the crazy strung-out people and pee smells I'll encounter on my way home.

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean. "Why complain about a place people rave about!? You come across as ungrateful." Ive been told this, both about my short time in NYC and about my time in California But it's just not home, and its not always fun. It's hard to meet people and life is completely different. Totally feel ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how I felt about living in New York.

    ReplyDelete