October 17, 2012

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

My birthday weekend began on Thursday when McClickey bought me lunch and then that night when me and my closest friends took a trip to our favorite place...the Chocolate. 'Twas fun and yummy. I also got cards in the mail from Gran and CJ's mom. I love cards!

On Friday after school and work (boring and lame but I took a test and got a 93 so BOOM) CJ came and picked me up to go to his mission reunion. He brought me flowers and my favorite ice cream, Half Baked. WHAT A GUY! And this was only the beginning. Then we were off to the mission reunion in Salt Lake. Unfortunately the ride there was not my finest hour because a) traffic and b) I was really hungry. We were a little late but we made it in time to grab some food before the meeting. The meeting was reallllly long and over half of it was everyone who was there taking turns with the mic and saying what they have been up to since they got home from their missions. Kind of a yawn. It was fun to meet some of CJ's mission friends that I had already heard so much about. I felt so proud to be there with CJ because he is such a great man and I know he was a wonderful missionary. I think CJ felt kind of bad that it was so long and kinda boring because afterwards we went to Bruges Waffles and Frites, which is quite possibly my favorite place in Salt Lake. It was sooo yummy and I got frites for the first time and I am going to be dreaming of them for weeks I'm sure.

My grandma sent me a birthday package full of my favorite things, homemade biscuits and cookies, so on Saturday morning I made gravy for the biscuits and it was so good! It was my first time making gravy and I think it turned out great. My mom sent me a jar of homemade raspberry jam as well and it is SO delicious with the biscuits. CJ and I enjoyed the first session of conference together. My favorite talk that session was President Uchtdorf's about living a happy life with no regrets. After the morning session CJ gave me another present! Perfume from Bath and Body Works that smells soooooo good, and it's called Sweet on Paris. CJ and I went to Paris right before we started dating and it will always be a special place for me because of him. Then was the fated hour that we decided to go to Tucano's with Brian and Shannon for lunch. I LOVED IT but I ate so much that I could barely walk when we left. Yikes. I thought I was at death's door! Worth it. I had never been and it was so delicious. The rest of the day was pretty relaxing. We watched the PM session at Brian and Shannon's and during Priesthood session I just hung out with Shannon at their place. Then me and CJ met up with McKay at the creamery and he bought me birthday ice cream! He is the best little brother a girl could ask for. Then we went back to Brian and Shannon's and played Balderdash with Ty and Jessie. It was so much fun, mostly because I won! And we all know how much I love winning. Everyone wished me happy birthday at midnight and it was wonderful.

Sunday morning I woke up at the crack of dawn and started making quiche and coffee cake for breakfast. I love cooking and baking and even though some people might want to sleep in on their birthday or not lift a finger, but I just wanted to make food! Then CJ came over to give me ANOTHER present. He gave me the sweetest card and I wanted to cry. Then I opened my present. It was a silver necklace with a seashell pendant. LET ME EXPLAIN. In Spain there is this pilgrimage people make all the way from France to Santiago de Campostela in Western Spain, where they believe St. James is buried. While we were traveling through Spain we saw a lot of these pilgrims making the journey, and the symbol of this pilgrimage is a scallop seashell. There are scallop seashell sculptures in cathedrals and on sidewalks all over Spain, marking the path the pilgrims take. It was a constant in our trip, we saw them in nearly every city we went to, and many women had necklaces with the shell pendant. Before we left I looked everywhere for a necklace like that but I couldn't find one. I couldn't believe CJ thought of that and found one for me...I love it so much, especially because Spain is obviously like a really special place for us. It will always remind me of how much fun we had and all the wonderful friends we made. Blah blah blah I am really sentimental. It was the PERFECT gift.

The rest of the day was spent watching Conference, sleeping, and spending time with family and friends. We had a party at the apartment that night with lots of amazing food (including a GORGEOUS Tiffany& Co. cake made by Chelsea) and my closest friends. This year has been really hard but it was so wonderful to just be reminded of how lucky I am to have these amazing people in my life. They mean the world to me!


 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a fun weekend, and especially that the raspberry jam didn't break and explode all over the other stuff in the package. I was really very worried about that. I almost took it out at the last second, but decided it was worth the risk because that is my first non-freezer jam and I am pretty proud of it. Hope it was delish! Love you and can't wait to see you SOON!

    ReplyDelete