October 19, 2010

AmStu

I need to blog about this before I burst.

I love my major. Seriously I'm taking the intro class right now, and that's pretty much the extent of my exposure to it, and it is so so perfect for me.

And whenever I tell people they ask me...
-What is American Studies?
-So what are you going to do with that?
-and/or What made you decide to do that?

Here's my answer, everyone.

July4th_large

Everyday I am excited to go to class. I love it. I am fascinated by the things I learn. I learn something new and exciting everyday.

Some days I leave feeling like I hate America, and other days I leave knowing I am the luckiest girl in the world to live in this beautiful country. And I think that's how it should be. I think I should learn both sides of things, after all.

I look at my course options for the next 2 and a half (WHAT?!) years, and I get giddy. I don't know what to pick because I want to learn it all.

I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I really honestly don't have a career in mind. But this is what I love. The only word I can think of to describe how I feel about all of this is passion. I am passionate.

The other kids in my major are awesome. I love going to class with them and going to study groups with them and just talking with them. Not to mention, at the opening social we had apple pie, and just last week we wrote letters to soldiers in Iraq (and every other nation that they're in...which is every nation) for Christmas as a service project.

So, there you have it. You don't have to like American Studies...like I really don't care if you do. But I love it, and that's the whole point! (I'm just fine doin' what I like...can I say the same for you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment