March 16, 2010

The rugby team talks to me. LLAMAS.

Today for ten minutes I felt like I was in an alternate universe.
I walked out of class, and I saw this huge middle-aged lady with the worst mullet I've ever seen. It was spiky and short on the top, and the rest was long and super straight. She had huge wire-rimmed glasses and was wearing a wolf shirt. She was drinking a jamba juice and looking straight down. She had a huge backpack too.

I kept walking and I was texting a friend. When I looked up, I heard someone say "Hey, Caitlin!" It was a guy who is in a couple of my classes and also a member of the rugby team. He was smiling at me. A HUGE smile. Not only that, but he was on the phone. He halted his phone conversation to say hi to me. If he hadn't, I wouldn't have even known because I was looking down! I didn't even think he knew my name, because I've only talked to him maybe once. Anyway, the reason I am saying all this is because I feel bad about judging him. I used to think he was a jerk and really stupid. But he's not a jerk, or stupid. Figures. Plus, I am really excited that someone on the Rugby team talked to me.

So after I saw Dan, rugby boy, I saw some LLAMAS just chillin' by the MARB...Wait, seriously? Llamas. I still have no idea why. And when I came back an hour later and they were gone.

So I finally made it to class and I open the door to the building and my friend Steve jumps up and shouts "SURPRISE!" And I screamed. So loud. There were people behind me.

On a more serious note, I was talking to Boo today and we were talking about Kyle, a kid who went to our high school and is a year older than us. His older brother got hit by a car in ninth grade and died. Kyle was only in eighth grade. Today is Kyle's birthday. His mom died of cancer two days ago, and the anniversary of his brother's death was last week.

This made me feel like an idiot for being upset about a stupid test.

I am so thankful to testify that families can be together forever, and that through Jesus Christ we can have hope, even in the darkest hour of our lives.

"We ought to reverence life and cherish every minute of it." --Elder M. Russell Ballard

1 comment:

  1. heeyyy i know a kid on the rugby team! he moved to england when we were in like 8th grade and noowww we go to school together...

    p.s. i love uchdorf.

    ReplyDelete